Monday, March 6, 2023

 Was listening to a MJ call over the weekend and she told a caller who had been 'stalled' for quite some time that 'you are only 2 bites away from weight loss'. That has been rattling around in my head for a few days. I find I want to bounce from eating how I am now to only eating 1/2 my meals and planning only 'best' foods and than back to doing nothing at all. I'm not yoyoing in 20 pound swings like before NoBS but I'm not losing weight either.

So, today while I was on the treadmill I started thinking about eating less. As I said, my process before was to either 'cook less' and/or 'eat half'. I knew I didn't want to take away one of my eggs in my standard breakfast because I had done that before and that wasn't enough and left me hungry... but I started to wonder. What if I actually tried leaving bites behind? ... My logical brain started to argue with me and said.. wellllll how must IS two bites? So I invented a new game that I tried with breakfast and it worked! even better than I expected!
Instead of 'bite behind' I 'skip bites' Twice while eating breakfast I would pick up a bite of food and than 'skip' putting it into my mouth -- I would set it to one side of my plate instead (I might change this to a small side plate or bowl.. we'll see). This let me leave those bites behind, but ALSO made me much much more mindful while I was eating. For 'set meals' like my eggs and or my sandwich that I've had over and over again it cuts out all the drama of 'should I stop now?' 'how about now?' AND some part of my brain thinks I ate all of my food.... cause I actually picked up my fork the 'normal' amount of times. It was weirdly satisfying. Can't wait to try it again for dinner and lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment