Tuesday, September 21, 2004

As you probably guessed, my program tood a dump. Ediets didn't help and I'm sitting here still as heavy and out of shape as before. I haven't gained back all of the weight I lost last year, but it's close. Worse, I feel like CRAP! It probably doesn't help that I'm on my period, but either way I've lost whatever edge I ever gained.



I'm not sure what is worse, feeling fat and misserable, or knowing that just a year ago I was better then this and on a path to be great. I don't know why I have so much trouble stay on this path. It's not like I don't want it. I want it so bad that feeling like I do right now makes me want to curl up in a little ball and just cry. But then life settles in and reach for a doughnut instead of something healthy. Or I sit and watch a movie instead of hitting the weights or treadmill. I really have NO excuses! And yet I continue to find them.



I'm at a loss. I'm not really sure where to turn or what to do. The problem isn't with what program I choose. It's not about eating carbs, or eating fat or do I lift first or do cardio more. It's about me - sticking to what I start and following through with my commitments to myself.



We are once again at square one folks. And if you're still with me. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are struggling so much. Trust me. It's not you. Diets are designed to fail. If you want to try a new approach, read a book called "Intuitive Eating". It has helped me understand why I overeat and what I can do to change. I mean changes that really mean something.

    It's scary trying something new when you've thought diets were the answer for so long. Trust me. There is another way out of the cycle! E-mail me if you have questions about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, here's my e-mail, main@laragallagher.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read with interest your difficulties in losing and keep your weight off.
    Many of us have been right where you are. Please don't give up. If you are doing BFL or plan to restart your program remember, BFL is not a race to win. It really is a lifetime journey to enjoy.
    When life gets in the way this program can be something great to lean on. Time and time again, I have seen this program change people's lives for the better. You are valuable, you deserve to feel better...you deserve to re-invent yourself.
    Please try the program again.
    When I have fallen off the wagon I get right back on and keep moving forward. It takes some of us longer to achieve our BFL championship bodies..but if we work this program it will even work for us.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete