Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Central Valley Tri - International Distance

I'll try to put together a full race report later, but I had to post my results from the weekend!

The Backstory - in case anyone is new to my blog:

I did my first triathlon in March 2009 - yes, this year. It was the Olympic Distance Triathlon called Lavaman. My goal at the time was to finish, and I did, in just under 5 hours.

After nearly a year of training, I was hoping to improve at this, my second ever tri of this distance. I had been seeing steady improvement over the months and was feeling really good going into it - I set my goal for under 4 hours. Yes, a 1 hour improvement.

And I did that - and then some!! To my abslute amazement, I finished this tri in 3:16:46 almost 1 hour and 45 minutes difference!!

Oh - and because this was a rather small tri - I took first place in my age group!

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! 1st in your AG and an amazing PR! Clearly your hard work has paid off in dividends! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bringing home the bacon!

    Nice job taking home some hardware, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! congrats!! looking forward to the RR

    ReplyDelete