Wednesday, January 25, 2023

 It's been a stressful week (started last week) and today has been an even more stressful day (RIF at work).

I was feeling restless and pent up and heard myself think "I really want chocolate"
Knowing it HAS been a rough time I told myself "Maybe I'll have a couple of pieces later when I'm hungry..."
I heard the voice say "I don't want to have a couple of pieces! I want to eat lots and lots and lots!"
I tried reason and to appeal to my future self vision (as has been working recently) "But if I eat that much I'll have a stomach ache!"
the reply "Good! cause it'll distract me from the other pain I'm feeling right now..."
Geez other self! Talk about dropping a bomb! I'm not promising not to each chocolate.. But I do promise to continue to stay mindful if/when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment