Monday, December 18, 2006

Inspired

As you may or may not know I've struggled a little with 'getting my head in the game' since I came back from my Honeymoon. Part of it has to do with the fact that I'm at 'that spot' - the one where I've stopped every other time I've lost weight. And... frankly I'm pretty comfortable at my weight. Dropping 40 lbs feels like such a difference it's hard to imagine I could make even MORE changes.

But Friday I went shopping for a dress for my company christmas party - and while it wasn't the tearfilled disaster that last year's dress shopping event was it was eye opening because for some reason - while under the harsh dressingroom lights I realized that although I've dropped 40 lbs, and I'm a size 10, and I'm the lightest weight I've been my entire adult life... I am still fat.

Now I don't mean that in a disparaging way... what I mean is I looked at myself and for some reason really SAW the potential that's waiting there. I've spent so much time recently - reveling in how far I've come. And yes, that's a good thing to do, BUT I wasn't spending enough time thinking about where I want to go, not in a postive sense. Well I have now and you know what? I'm EXCITED!

Hit the gym with new focus - I'm liking my planned meals again I'm looking forward to the new year and new goals and a whole new me. These next few months are going to ROCK!!

(Photos from the party to come soon)

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. I know you are going to do well, and if you slip quite badly, you could use a radical approach to cure your slip-ups.

    When you balls up, and don't eat properly, you would have to eat something gross, that's made of stuff you shouldn't eat.

    So it could be something like a small piece of Chocolate, half a Pickle, and some grated Fatty Cheese, topped of with a bit of Maple Syrup, then you fry it until it's practically black, and needs scraping of the pan, and then eat it.

    Like a very horrible, burned greasy hors douvres.

    ;-) ;-) ;-).

    You make yourself do something like that a few times, you'll probably never stray from the path again.

    Though you might need to occasionally keep some Peptobismols handy, just incase ;-).

    GOOD LUCK. I know you can do anything you set your heart on. I'm always proud for you.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE come a long way, baby! But we all need to take a little break and then have that 'aha' moment when we realize there is more to come. You go girl! You are amazing and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More amazing results copmming up I feel! Keep it up Girl!

    ReplyDelete