Tuesday, December 19, 2006

yay!

The Good: So I made it to the gym for the second day in a row - for the first time since before thanksgiving! yay! Last night while we were at the store doing our x-mas shopping my honey decided to buy himself an alarm clock for his side of the bed. Our previous situation was I have this lovely 'chime' alarm clock that softly plays a little tune to wake you up. And it does wake me up because I'm a pretty light sleeper. Unfortunately, I'm also not a good 'waker upper' so it's not unusual for me to turn off my alarm and not even remember doing it and in the meanwhile my loving husband hasn't even stirred. But now? Now my lovely chimes wake me up on MY side of the bed, and if I don't get up about 30 seconds later I get to hear *meep*meep*meep* which it annoying, loud and fortunately wakes him up too. So we'll see how it goes in the weeks ahead.. lol.

The Bad: Unfortunately - I'm out of no-xplode (my favorite supplement in the world) Not that I can tell that it helps build muscle or anything but because I DESPERATELY need that shot of caffeine in the morning. So I was up but not awake. I practically sleep walked my way through my workout. Still managed to lift decent weights though - just couldn't seem to focus. Oh and the bloody gym was FREEZING! I would do a set, break a sweat and then end up standing there shivering and covered with goosebumps while I waiting for my honey to finish his set. When we checked the wall thermometer it was only 57 degrees in there. FEH!! One of my coworkers says I'm not allowed to complain about the cold though because no one's supposed to be actually out and about at 4:00AM but hey - this girl has to hit the gym when she can.

Oh and if anyone wants to buy an x-mas present for me? I want the bottom t-shirt on this page.. lol http://www.trionutrition.com/tshirts.php

and lastly - has anyone seen the 'new' Monica Brant Ads? she looks SO freeking HOT!!! http://www.trionutrition.com/images/downloads/Monica_01_1024.jpg I have that photo on my fridge. Keeps BOTH of us motivated.. heheh

Anyway - training today was back

Assisted close grip Pull-ups (still can't do a pull up *sob*): 80lbs (assistance) x 10 x 4

Seated Cable Rows: 135 x 10 x 4

Lat Pull-downs: 105 x 10 x 4

Barbell Bent Rows: 70 x 10 x 4

Barbell Shrugs (smith machine): 145 x 10 x 4

Then I walked for 30 minutes and my gym time for the day is done - whoop!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, I'm impressed as always, but if you wanted Caffeine that much, you could slip some Caffeine pills in some water ;-) ;-). I knew a guy that did that, and it seemed to work for him. Seriously, not making that up.

    NO-explode even with the Nitric Oxide and Creatine, shouldn't directly affect muscle growth anyway, as the Creatine would increase power, to increase lifting ability, and induce greater muscle breakdown, and higher gains.

    That's my theory about it anyway, although I took Creatine one time, but only after 1 years lifting, and since realised without enough natural power, the 30% power increase wouldn't have been enough to facilitate much lifting increase.

    Hence why I didn't get much ha ha ha.

    Keep up the hard work, and don't worry about sticking poiints on the process. I know you can be strong, and continue to work towards your ultimate goal, with positivity and mental drive.

    I'm really happy with how you've come on this year, especially with a few ankle and illness niggles early on, and misses, you've done yourself proud.

    You've done your loyal, faithful subjects proud as well ;-).

    Hope you are having a great day, and you deserve to feel awesome, so don't let the 40lbs become a stalemate, yeah, the pictures are telling their own story, and a glorius Phoenix is rising from some hot Californian flames :-) :-).

    GOOD LUCK.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete