Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Happy New Year!

I know, it's a little late, but what can I say?

My Diet 2 Go experiment start out great.   Then the holidays hit... after that I was back to my starting weight again.  I've pretty much floundered through January and now, here it February and I'm looking to hit it again. I restarted my Diet 2 Go subscription and I was in for some pleasant surprises.  They've added a lot of new meals since the new year and added a lot a variety into the substitutions section.  This is good for me because I'm pretty picky and there were a lot of meals I was substituting and at one point I ended up skipping a while week's worth of breakfast because there was nothing I liked.  The good news is, they don't charge you for meals you've skipped but it meant I had to figure out what I was going to eat those days instead.

So that seems to be resolved now - I went back through the 5 weeks of meals and there isn't a single one where I can't find something I would eat.

This morning my day started with the Diet 2 Go Cheese Omelet which consists of an "Egg Puck" (tastes better then is sounds), cheese, spinach, bacon and salsa.  I throw out the salsa cause I don't eat tomatoes or onions, but the rest got nommed up!  I like the Diet 2 Go eggs, the bacon is good and crisps up nice if you cook it right and the spinach... well it's spinach.  A little salt and pepper and all's good.

Lunch (which I just finished) was Chicken and Bacon Cheddar Melt.  This is a portion of chicken topped with cheese and bacon, spinanch and Broccoli in what they call a "Cajun Cream Sauce".  The chicken was fantastic, the spinach was, again, spinach and the broccoli.  Well, I don't know what they put in the cajun cream sauce but it tasted like someone just soaked everything in vinegar for a long while.   When this comes up again I'm gong to rinse the broccoli off before reheating and HOPE that it's salvageable.  Everything else was tasty enough that this meal is staying in the rotation.

Dinner tonight is Chicken Roma, but I'll review that tomorrow when I post after lunch (at least that's the plan).

On the exercise front.  I made a go of it for a week at the beginning of January, then haven't managed to drag myself out of bed early since then.  I did, however, sign up for a Go-Go Burlesque dance class on Monday nights and I've made every one of those classes.  It's been loads of fun and I'm saving up to re-up when this 12 week series is finished.  I'm struggling to find something else that I enjoy enough that I WILL NOT MISS it no matter what!  Maybe a different dance class every night?  I doubt my husband would like that though.  I really am stuck here.  I have a really hard time getting up early and my evenings are pretty full - (I commute 2 hours each way 3 days a week).  Trying to work out at lunch time hasn't worked for me yet.  Unless I have some sort of appointment I tend to put off leaving my desk until it's too late and it's time to go home.  I'm going to have to spend some more time getting creative in this regard.

As for weight - well, as I said I'm back to my starting weight :(  BUT I do feel fitter and a little thinner around the waist so maybe those dance classes are paying of in some way.  Here's hoping!

I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment