Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Hi blog...

How's it going?

Where have I been?  Well I've been out finding myself I suppose

At the end of last year I found myself once again at 295 lbs!  I got determined, focused all the 'things' and lost a little, gained a little and basically found myself in the same place (292) at the first of April. 

Then I got an email... the "PNP Tribe" was opening up - would I like to join?

I had seen the adverts and even signed up for a newsletter but had never listened to the podcast or read any of her stuff.  What I knew was:


  1. Corinne had lost 100 lbs 10 years ago and kept it off!
  2. She was all about losing how you live - no batshit crazy diet plan
  3. She cussed...
  4. She was affiliated with Brooke Castillo - who I had worked with in the past and appreciated her approach
So, I said "what the hell" and gave her some of my money.

What an amazing six months it's been since!!  I lost my job, totaled the car I got for my birthday, got a new job with more authority and responsibility, have traveled to Chicago for a week at a time 6 or so times (for work), gone to Rockabilly, and Tiki events, visited my daughter in Missouri, and have been dealing with a failing personal business while losing 50 pounds... Yes... LOST 50 POUNDS!

Mentally I feel better then I have in my entire life!  I'm losing while eating foods I love and not being overly hungry.  I'm losing while exercising inconsistently.  I'm losing while going through drama and traveling and vacationing and all the stuff!

Has it been easy? Not always.  Changing your brain, taking control of your thoughts isn't easy.  Bypassing urges to eat when you have a habit of turning to food for comfort and entertainment and other things food isn't meant for, isn't easy.  But I wake up every morning and focus on, "How can I make this easy?"  "How can I be a badass today?" "How can I love myself today?" and it's been A-Maze-Ing!

I'm going to start sharing a bit more of my journey here - I feel like I have a story to tell - I still have 110 lbs left to lose and I'm sure there will be good days and bad.  I want to remember them.  I want this story to finally have a happy ending to finally post "I've hit my goal!" and transition to maintenance and all the opportunities for success that'll bring - I want to help someone else who's struggling, who's been overweight for years, who's gained and lost and gained again....

So, yeah -- hi blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment