Wednesday, September 25, 2019

 I have to tell you guys... they hits keep on coming! My husband has been going through some stuff, and I've been doing my best to gently coach him. Luckily he's seen the change in me and it has opened him up to listening bit by bit. Last night I finally got up the nerve to tell him a bit of 'real truth' being open to the fact that he may or may not be ready to hear it.

When he told me (over the phone cause I'm traveling for work right now) "If X will just happen then I'll be ok" I told him, "Honey, no, it won't. You can't change your feelings by changing your circumstance. Look how many times you've tried that! There will always be something that stresses you out or makes your frustrated or doesn't go your way. You need to also work on changing your mind!"
AND HE AGREED WITH ME!!!!
This morning he slacked me and told me
so I heard the saying which I think was really cool and think maybe I'll adopt it as my mantra
Make today better than yesterday
It's a mini goal but it seems pretty good
and we talked about that a little - I think it's a good powerful thought
and just now he messaged me again and told me
I don't know if you saw that but I ordered a Kindle book called the seven-day mental diet
I want to try and read a little bit of that every day it's supposed to be something about not judging people and taking everything as it comes
Basically what we were talking about how I need to change my Outlook not my situation
I'm so damn proud of him and nearly in tears over how amazing life is right now. ((and I don't cry people... I just DON'T))
So just know - you probably are being a light for others in your life as you work to better your own. We may not all be Corinne and able to help thousands, but sometimes just by helping ourselves we can help even just one or two of the people around us....

No comments:

Post a Comment