Monday, June 28, 2021

 I've really really appreciated the thoughts 2.0 stuff this month. It's given me so much good stuff to add to my tool belt.

This weekend I was really in a shitty diaper. I've been doing a lot of pootin' and finally just had a total wipeout 😀 There were a LOT of different thoughts getting me there but one yesterday was being particularly noisy..
"I hate living in a house that I can't be proud of"
I kept picking at that one.. spiraling around it... arguing for my pain... blaming others...all the things. There didn't seem to be another truth out there for me. But then, while journalling I change just one little thing... all I did was remove the word 'can't'.
"I hate living in a house that I'm not proud of" was something I could act on. I was unblocked, because that statement, could be a call to action, it opened me up to ask questions, it was challenge to 'figure it out' instead of a statement of finality.
When I read it written that way another part of my brain was able to say "Then what can you change? You can change your thoughts, or you can change your house, or you can do both...."
I'm pretty good at finding a better thought to have, and I often find one and am able to see it as truth. I can thought swap, turn down the volume etc. I'm realizing that when I get stuck more often then not, it's because of words like 'should' 'can't' 'have to' 'always' 'never'. They block creativity, they block questions, they block our ability to believe we can figure it out.... Look for those words in your journal. scratch them out, read the sentence again and see if there's now a new truth that you couldn't see before.... go ahead, I'll wait 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment