Tuesday, June 28, 2005

well, the first week was rather rough. A night out drinking, a night out with the future in-laws, and a wedding weekend later (Not mine) and I weighed in at 209 on monday.

I guess the good news was that I did all that and didn't gain anything.

This week has gotten off to a much better start though. Having my future father-in-law ask my fiance if I've been gaining weight, and having NOTHING in my closet that fit that I could wear to the wedding were real eye openers. Not that I really needed my eyes open, but they were a blow.

Yesterday I made a plan and stuck to it. Of course, I started dropping water weight right away wich was a relief. (207.5 this morning) YAY!

I'm not doing anything too complex right now. Just following a few simple rules:

only one MRB per day
at least one meal of 'just salad' per day
1/2 the bread products at other meals
No: Candy, cupcakes, ice cream, cookies or other 'sweets' that I consitantly overindulge in

Next week I'll add a few more requirments - maybe two salads per day and at least one fruit salad? I'll deside over the weekend.

The other good news is that I still only need to lose 1.5 lbs a week to reach my goal of 130 by June 19th 2006.

I entered today's weight into my fitday program, and if I could continue to lose 1.5 lbs a day... (I know unrealistic, but funny to think about) in four weeks I would be 166 lbs. If only it worked that way.

Oh well.

Mentally I'me feeling pretty good. I still hate what I see in the mirror, but I'm trying to keep a postive attitude anyway. I had a great conversation with my fiance about the whole, weight/diet thing. He's so incredably supportive and loving. He wants so badly to help, but doesn't know what to do sometimes. He said I'm 'stuborn'. He's right of course. The more someone tells me I 'have' to do something the more I fight it. He also was really open about his feelings. How he's afraid I'll become ill because of my weight and he'll be left alone. Those are feelings I can totally understand. He deserves to not have those kinds of fears.

It's time to put my health and wellbeing first.

No comments:

Post a Comment