Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hurry Hurry, Time is Running Out!

Time is quickly running out on this once in a lifetime opportunity to save money on your 2008 taxes!

"How can I do that?" you ask?

It's simple, go to http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/lavatri09/smuellerboddy and make a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)! That's right, not only will your donation to the LLS give the special gift of hope to the 138,000 people in the United States who were diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma in 2008, but you'll also be saving money on your taxes! 100% of your donation is tax deductable!

And that's not all! Donate now, and you'll earn the right to wear or display these amazing badges for as many days as you like!

"How much will this tremendous offer cost me?" you ask?

That's entirely up to you, but here are a few suggestions.

$5.00 --- $1 for every month I'll be training for the Lavaman triathlon with Team in Training.

$25.00 --- $5 for every month I'll be training (I get up at 6:30AM ... on SATURDAYS to make it to training most weekends)

$40.00 --- $1 for every year of my life at the time of my race (My birthday is January 4th and a donation would be the PERFECT birthday gift)

$50.00 --- $1 for every pound I plan to lose before race day

$100.00 --- $2 for every pound I plan to lose before race day (talk about extra insentive for me!)

$500.00 --- $500 for keeping Uncle Sam out of your pocket book - even just a little

$5,000.00 --- $5000 for me to get off the computer, stop sending emails and just TRAIN already!

Thank you once again to everyone who's already donated. Thanks to you I am 6% of the way toward my fund raising goal. You too are welcome to print out a badge and show the world what you're made of!

Merry Christmas

Generous Person

Remember, you can also track my progress at http://www.shawntris.com/

I've Swam/Biked/Ran over 60 miles already! Come on in and cheer me on!

P.S. - you are welcome to send a donation by check too. Just make it out to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and address it to:

(send me an email for my address)

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving, has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. I like your fund-raising note, some good and imaginative ideas, Shawn. Good luck with it. Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. LG - that is so awesome of you! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete