Sunday, June 6, 2010

Well,  this has been a tumultuous year.

I've gained weight I didn't want to gain.  I've not trained the way I wanted to train.  I've had to change plans dozen of times (it seems).  And yet, yesterday, I finally got out and did a Triathlon.  It was a sprint, but, I did it.  And despite all the set backs of the year, I didn't do as bad as I had thought I would.  Hey, I didn't come in last! In fact, I think I might have even seen a slight improvement on my bike.

Overall, I have a lot of work to do to get back to the shape I was in last year, but I'm willing and ready to do it!

Next weeks a recovery week, with short runs and rides to recalibrate my baseline, then it's back to serious training to see how much I can improve before doing the same race on July 10th.

I'll have some fitness goals soon - weight goal - I'm going to drop 16 lbs.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shawn,

    Sorry to hear its been a tough year. Happy to see you posting! Take care.

    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe doing the Sprint will kick it off for you again! Well done!

    ReplyDelete