Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Well Hello

I'm not sure if anyone visits this blog anymore. Heck, I don't like to visit it myself, it's rather depressing!

The shear number of "ah-ha moments", "epiphany" and "On Fire" posts here only to find myself STILL not at my goal... well, it makes me wonder if I'm ever going to get there.

And yet, here I am. Still here. Still fighting the 'good fight'.

What's become obvious to me over the years is that my relationship with food is what many might call an 'addiction'. I 'use' food for many of the same reasons that others might use alcohol or drugs. That's one of the reasons that 'diets' for me, have to be all or nothing. There has to be a clear line of what is allowed and what isn't. Clear boundaries need to be in place.

But, on the other had, I need to learn to deal with the things that make me turn to food. Pain, Stress, desire for pleasure... all these things have me looking for food and eating too much of it.

So, what do I do now? I'm not really sure to be honest. Isn't the first step admitting you have a problem? I've done that, but then I've done that before too. What I haven't always done is acknowledge that I can't deal with this via 'normal' means. I need a clear, black and white line when it comes to food. And I need to observe it with a "No Choice" mentality.

That means I need to cage my feast beast and not give him the power to talk me into crossing that line. I need to address my addictive voice when it starts it's siren song. Address it and defeat it.

So far today, I haven't crossed the line, and I have no plans to cross it ever again. The feast beast will die, I will be free.

The plan? Well the plan is simple. Medifast with additional calories allowed as long as it's veggies fat and/or protein.

For exercise. I'm going back to the Met-RX weight lifting program, but 4 days a week. Plus I'm doing my triathlon training.

I'm also looking for more ways to enjoy life that aren't food related. I'm going to discover a life that isn't covered in chocolate sauce.

This morning I got up early and did a good leg/ab workout. Tonight I've got a 45 minute run planned.

Wednesday: RT = Chest and Biceps | Cardio = Brick Workout (Bike + Run)
Thursday: RT = Back and Traps | Cardio = Run
Friday: RT = Shoulders and Triceps
Saturday: Swim
Sunday: Swim & Brick

No comments:

Post a Comment