Monday, March 5, 2018

As expected - the weekend's indiscretions appear to have undone all my progress through the week. But here's the stats

Scale Weight: 278.66 down .8
My True Weight 278.3 down .9
Body Fat Average: 145.75 up .4
body fat % is a strange beast and really hard to track accurately outside of a Dr's office... recommendations that I've seen is to verify downward trends monthly instead of weekly and I'm probably going to change to that method.   This will be my March starting stat with the next check-in being the first Monday in April)
Still haven't been good about tracking blood pressure :(
Resting heart rate: 75.4 down 2.8
Fasting blood sugar:  96.5

But here's a strange thing that happened.  Thursday I tried on some new clothes that had arrived (mail order) and the non-stretch slacks in the order just... barely fit.  Like, totally wearable but a little snug feeling.  This AM I put them on and then fit just right!  Even though the scale says I gained weight between Thursday and today... too strange and par for the course.

on to the restrospective

Keep Doing

  • working out!  I'm really feeling great about this part of my plan!  
  • Keep reading, keep learning, keep applying what makes sense! I'm in the middle of  Lyle McDonald's "The Women's Book: Vol I" and I'm learning SO MUCH!  I need to make the time to keep going and keep applying what I'm learning.

Stop Doing:

  • Don't let the weekend derail me!  I was really on a roll until the weekend came around.  Granted, I wasn't in charge of the food that was available to me over this weekend, but I still made some choices that were not in my best interest - like not liking the provided lunch so eating cookies instead of the meal replacement bars I had brought with me.  I also had a (n alcoholic drink (only one!) even though I had planned not to! I was the one who made the drinks and justified my indulgence with "I have to make sure it tastes ok before I serve it.  Man that feast beast sure is sneaky!

Do More Of:

  • Thinking things through -- at one point last week (thursday) I was really starting to crave... bad.  At first I was 'fighting' the cravings.  In a way 'white knuckling' my way through the day.  But then I took a moment to check my feelings.  Surprise (not) I was actually feeling anxious! I was going away for the weekend and was behind on packing/prepping for the time away from home.  I had a long list of things to do and/or not forget and it was subtly stressing me out.  Just taking a moment to acknowledge that stress and then making a plan to deal with it and the cravings went away! 
  • Tracking my health markers.  Doing things like taking my blood pressure and checking my blood sugars needs to be a part of my daily routine so that I have things other than the scale to let me know that I'm headed in a healthy direction.

Do Less Of:

  • Sitting during the day.  Although I've been good at planned workouts I still tend to only burn calories in the morning and then.. nothing.  I need to get up and move more often, burning a little all throughout the day.  After all, sitting in my chair takes the same amount of energy as sleeping!  And keeping the metabolic fires burning all day is a huge help in long term weight loss and health benefits.

And there you have it.  Another week (another day another hour) and another chance to make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment