Tuesday, March 28, 2023

How much structure is too much?

I'm feeling fired up and motivated. Focused on do goals, positive power thoughts and the benefits of weight loss. As far as scale results... well still waiting on those but I'm willing to keep experimenting. Of course when feeling motivated and driven the urge to make a detailed plan with calories and macros and and and all those things is strong but I'm working on creating a lifestyle that can be maintained when I'm not running on this kind of high. I need something that works in winter and not just in spring. There are parts of 'intuitive eating' that I don't like ... Eating when hungry and stopping when at enough is great and I feel like that's how I would like to live my life in maintenance... but in weightloss it feels like that approach makes it hard to be a scientist. I don't like the constant second guessing myself... and it's not like I can wake up tomorrow and go.. oh yeah.. yesterday's food was at weightloss levels cause look, the scale went down. I don't know.. maybe if I was better at using a habit tracker I would have the data I needed to be truly scientific about my results...

There is one thing on food quality I want to work on - that is getting in more protein. I know it's good for me. I feel good when I'm prioritizing it in my diet and it's good for metabolism. again the urge to measure my protein intake so that I can better judge my success is strong. I think in this case... I need to do what's best for me and if I do (or do not) measure to like my reasons.

Another goal over the next few days is to figure out how to move more throughout the day. I work a VERY sedentary job and it is really easy for me to to sit for eight plus hours in front of the computer -- then go downstairs and spend another three four hours in front of the TV. I want to build a bit more movement into my day or at the very least STAND UP now and than. So, looking for strategies there.

in the good column (and I promised myself to celebrate more of my wins) My sleep has been really really good lately and water on point. So YAY!

one last thing - I really want to call out how helpful chatgtp has been for me. As someone who is easily distracted I can often lose track of what I'm going to the internet for to research. So I'll spend way too long going to 10 different sites that end up saying the same exact thing. what starts as a question in my head that could have been answered in five minutes will sometimes cost me two hours in lost time...

question of the day: What needs to change so that I look forward to doing what needs to be done?

Answer:  I need to change my thinking around those things that need to be done.  I need to think of them positively, and if not positively at least not negatively.

Getting specific here... What needs to be done? 

Drink Water, Sleep 7+ hours a day, Make a Daily Plan, Follow my Plan, Only eat when hungry and stop when satisfied not full.  additional things that I think are important are: lift weights and cardio

And from my coach/training chatbot: 

It's great that you have identified specific things that you want to work on to improve your health and well-being. Here are some tips for changing your thinking around these tasks:


Focus on the benefits: Rather than thinking of these tasks as burdensome or annoying, try to focus on the benefits they bring to your life. For example, drinking water can help keep you hydrated and improve your skin, while getting enough sleep can improve your mood and cognitive function.


Use positive language: When you talk or think about these tasks, use positive language instead of negative. For example, instead of thinking "I have to drink water," try thinking "I get to stay hydrated and healthy by drinking water." This can help shift your mindset and make these tasks feel less like a chore.


Celebrate your successes: When you do follow through on your plan, give yourself credit for it. Celebrate your successes, no matter how small they may seem. This can help reinforce positive thinking and motivate you to continue making progress.


Be kind to yourself: Changing habits can be difficult, and it's important to be kind to yourself throughout the process. If you slip up or don't follow through on your plan, don't beat yourself up about it. Instead, acknowledge what happened and refocus on your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment