Wednesday, April 3, 2024

April 3rd Daily Stand up

 Yesterday

  • Food Plan ✅
  • Calories in: ~1928 🔴
  • Calories out: 3182 ✅
  • Workout
    • Weights ✅
    • Cardio (Bike) ✅
    • 1500 Cals burned before noon ✅
  • Macros (35/31/34) ✅
  • Mindset ✅
I thought I was doing good yesterday.  Felt focused, motivated, strong....

But there was also, some stuff going on that I think I wasn't addressing: Stress at work, with money, and just some overall feeling MEH.

So, when I rolled into Trivia, ordered and beer and had it in my hand I immediately felt 'relief' knowing it was going to relax me.  That I could stop being 'good' and 'responsible' and stop my brain from feeling whatever it was feeling...

I fought a little with the urge to overdrink but the fight didn't last long.  I was only a few seconds before I said 'fuck it'

The thought - I was to feel 'better' 'relaxed' 'no stress'

^^ I need to do this without needing food and DRINK!

on top of this I got my food schedule messed up and didn't eat before headed to trivia AND didn't bring food with me, though I had intended to. So I was hungry.  The only thing there - Reese's.  At least they were mini cups - and I only had a few...

Then, when I got home w/alcohol in my system, I went for whatever sounded good.  So, not the stew I had planned.  instead, I had a protein shake over granola.  Not the worst choice, and for that, I'm grateful.  And I'm also grateful for the strong choices I made early in the day to get my workout in, and keep carbs low so that I had the room for carbs in my macros :D 

So, while it wasn't 'great' there were some big high points in the day.  If I can figure out how to calm my brain down without food and drink I think it's going to make a HUGE difference in my results long term. (and make it easier to maintain when that day comes)

I want to make good/better choices a habit not a battle. 
I want to make stopping at enough a habit not a battle.
I want to make exercise as easy to my brain as drinking water. 

I'll get there....

Today's goals

  • Food Plan
  • Calories in: ~1400
  • Calories out: 3000+
  • Workout
    • Weights
    • Cardio (Bike)
    • 2000 Calories burned before 8PM
  • Macros (30/30/30)
  • Mindset: don't sit with stress - write it out - think it through - find relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment