Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Back in the saddle again.... Everyone sing with me! Back in the saddle again! That time of the month hit me, and I couldn't seem to put enough food in my mouth. I blew it BIG time. The good news is, I'm ready to start, again. One good thing that's happened is that I finally got my gym membership. Horray! Another step in the right direction is that I've cut WAY back on my diet soda intake AND I've gotten a good supply of all the vitamins I think I'll need. It's a little daunting to look at that handful of pills, but I've been taking them for several days and I think I might be starting to feel a difference.



So, I'm wondering. Is there anyone out there? Am I talking to myself? I'm wondering if posting a food log might help me stay honest. I think I'll try it. So, if there IS anyone out there, check up on me, and help me stay on the right track. I'll be going to the gym tonight for the first time as an 'offical' member. It's the middle of the week, but I'm going to start where I should be - 20 minutes of aerobics. I'm going to try to get up early in the morning to work out, but I'm NOT a morning person so it make take a while for my energy level to go up, then I'll think about morning workouts.



One of the things I'm struggling with, is that last year I set a goal of doing a marathon this year. I had started training, until I strained the arch of my foot, and I had to stay off of it for a while. I got treatment, and I'm feeling pretty good. I even ran on my foot and was pain free. But, the BFL FAQ suggests that you NOT do the program while training for a marathon. If I'm going to do a marathon this year, it will mean starting training now... The good news is that my current training level is light. It probably falls within the 20 minute aerobic workout even... But I may have to modify the BFL program as the training progresses. (provided my foot holds up to the strain)



Lastly - I want to publically state my current "short term" goal. On May 3rd 2003 I plan to be at or below 160lbs. That's an obtainable rate of 2/lbs per week. Of course that means sticking with my program. But I KNOW I can do this. I finally feel like I have all the pieces in place. And, as I said before, the addded motivation of a wedding in 2004. I picked May3rd because that will be the second anniversary of meeting my fiance, but it is also 1 year before our wedding date. That will give me 1 year to get off the final 30 lbs. That's doable right? I figure with me loosing weight and he coming to the gym to workout, we should have to problem getting over the threshold.





So, my "to-do's" for today -

1) Link an on-line food journal on this page.

2) Hit the gym for a 20 minutes aerobic solution - (at least 2 miles per marathon training)

3) 10 minutes of Yoga for today's stretching





No comments:

Post a Comment