Monday, September 18, 2006

Day One...

After coming back from a three week layoff – I was having a little trouble getting my ‘mo-jo’ back. I was feeling rather under motivated. Part of it could be I’m at that ‘danger zone’ for myself. The 175 to 180lb range that’s been barrier I’ve been unable to break through for 18 years now. I’m ‘average’ again. Buying clothes from the normal stores… blending in with the rest of the crowd. Why the heck am I getting up at 4:00AM again?

But, even under motivated, I got up and went to the gym this morning. Amazingly enough it was all I needed. Once at the gym, in my ‘muscle’ shirt – one look in the mirror was all it took. Seeing the ‘cut’ in my arm separating my delt had me back in the right frame of mind as soon as I started warming up. Then seeing my lat bunch up while doing pull downs had me plotting the next five pounds I would be throwing on the machine.

You see, I’m not interesting in being ‘average’. I’m no longer interesting in ‘settling’ for size 12 pants and just buying off the ‘normal sized’ racks. I want to turn my body into a lean mean weight lifting machine. I want to see definition… I want to have arms that make guys go home and flex in the mirror to reassure themselves that their arms look better.

Most importantly, I don’t want to be ‘that girl who lost 30 lbs - hasn’t she a nice job?’ I want people to look at me and think ‘she works out’. And if you tell them that last July I weighed 214lbs that would look at you and tell you that you were crazy. I want people to look at me and never suspect that I ever had a weight problem. I want to be accused of having ‘good genetics’. Not because I’m thin but because I’m fit…

Today I got up at 4:00 am and hit the gym… even though I flew home from England less then 48 hours ago.. and it felt GREAT!

Today was back and trap day:

Lat Pull Down: 110 x 5 / 110 x 6 / 110 x 5
Close Grip Pull Down: 110 x 6 / 115 x 5 / 115 x 5
T-Bar Row: 70 x 5 / 70 x 5 / 70 x 4
Dead Lift: 70 x 6 / 75 x 6 / 80 x 6
Dumbbell Shrugs: 60 x 6 / 60 x 6 / 60 x 6

Then I road the bike for 35 minutes – average speed of 20 mpr :)

Food has been perfect today… This morning’s weigh in was less then stellar. I’m retaining water like crazy so I’m holding off just a bit before recording my ‘official’ starting weight for this next phase – I suspect I lost two lbs just today and don’t want to skew the numbers with a ‘water drop’ like that… I will get my starting stats up very soon though!

1 comment:

  1. Funny enough, I posted an entry titled "Day 1" yesterday too! I guess Sept. 18 has been a good day for many!

    I love the determination I could sense in your post. You sound like a woman on a mission and you're gonna do it!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete