Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's getting close

I've gotten my registration confirmation for Lavaman - it gets more 'real' every day. Our training now includes 45 minute runs and over two hours on the bike! I've braved the waters of the San Francisco Bay, learned to swim in a wet suit and have missed unclipping out of my bike twice and have crashed twice now (you should see the lovely bruises I have!).

I'm doing what I set out to do and I'm really excited about it. Or 1/2 of what I set out to do. You see, I have only raised $1000 of the $5000 I have pledged to raise for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. I need your help to reach this goal! Please don't think that your donation 'doesn't matter'. Every dollar counts!

My race is in 39 days and there is several ways you can help.

1) You can make a donation by credit card by going to my donation site and clicking the 'donate now' button.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/lavatri09/smuellerboddy

2) You can make a donation by check, made out to the LLS and mail it to me

Shawn Mueller-Boddy
429 Chase Street
Mountain House, CA 95391

3) You can attend a fund raiser - if you're anywhere the SF area you can come to The Mint in San Francisco and join us for a night of Karaoke. (email me if you want more details)

Last, but not least, thank you to everyone who's made a donation so for - I can't tell you how much your generosity means to me and to the people you're helping.

Shawn

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
______________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment