Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I didn't give up

Went for a run last night. 

It was a frustrating evening. I ended up working late, then Hubby and I mis-calculated where we should leave the 2nd car and ended up driving WAY out of our way. Finally hit the lake at 8:00! Plus, we were both hobbling around after our first leg workout on Monday. There were about 10 times last night where I expected one of both of us to say 'let's just forget this!" But we didn't. We got out there, ran the trail and did what we could. I only got 3 miles in, but I still felt good about it.

The trail itself was awesome.  The lake was so quite and peaceful, for a while I actually got into a groove and was able to enjoy my environment instead of focusing on putting one foot in front of the other and not passing out.  It gave me hope - I might become a runner one day after all!  If running is EVER as easy as swimming... I don't know what I'll do :)

2 comments:

  1. i applaude you.....i ran 4 yesterday and another 4.5 today, and i didn't give up.....thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!

    I'm just the opposite when it comes to running and swimming. But I think as an athlete we are never satisfied. We always want more :-)

    ReplyDelete