Tuesday, October 8, 2019

 I had an 'ah-ha' last night that I think is going to be VERY important for me moving forward.

I recently had a shift in my compelling reasons - Losing weight to 'be sexy' and 'love myself' lost meaning for me, cause I'm doing those things now - I don't need a number on a scale to do that.
Then at camp I realized that the new 'reason' I had come up with "To prove I can do hard things..." mean that weight loss had to be hard... (aren't our minds amazing!!??) and I don't want weight loss to be hard.
Last night I figured out that my remaining reasons "to be fit and healthy" were not sitting well with me. Not because they weren't good reasons but because I hadn't worked them all the way through. I had a definition of what 'fit and healthy' looked liked but I hadn't tied them very well to daily action (other then working out) that also tied into my weight loss goal.
To explain further - I knew that being healthy meant having great lab results (normal A1c, blood pressure, low cholesterol) And I knew that being at at a healthy body weight would help with all of that - but 'healthy' was something in the future something far off to be achieved... I hadn't defined what it meant to be healthy each and every day ((just like I've defined what it means to love myself each and every day)). It was an INCREDABLE shift in my thinking! Being healthy isn't something I'm striving for - it's something I'm LIVING for. It's not a goal for 'someday' it's an intention I can set every day...
so from now on - "I eat in such a way that promotes weight loss and good health because that's what it means to be healthy - today"

No comments:

Post a Comment