Tuesday, January 28, 2020

 PSA tldr; don't rely on ONLY the scale to measure results!

I've lost weight enough times... been in enough programs, groups, boards... That I KNOW that I cannot count on just the scale for a measure of my progress. In fact, the past few months I've really tried to focus on my actions- on my habit tracker etc. And I've been doing pretty good - some days, like this morning I have to have a stern talk with my inner voice... but that's rare
Still - there's been a little bit of - not frustration, but disappointment, that I'm not seeing physical results for what I feel is the HUGE progress I've been making.
Then I had a thought - maybe I should try on some clothes... I have a whole CLOSET full of clothing from previous weight loss endeavours - and just for fun - I thought, heck let's go through through them (again). The last time I did this (I think) was about the first of November and weight around 244-243. Today I weigh 244-243
And yet-- These are all the clothes I pulled out of those boxes that didn't fit last time! On top of this I have gone down a size in my test jeans (I bought a bunch of jeans same make/model from size 24 - 6) all without losing a singly pound on my scale...
So, measure, try on clothes, do your habit tracker (and get on your scale) you NEVER KNOW where your progress is going to show up!
((Now to go through my closet and get rid of stuff that's too big so I have room for all of this!))
No photo description available.
All reactions:
Rosie Mercedes, Norma Frahn and 36 others

No comments:

Post a Comment