Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Morning

and I'm up at 7:00?? what's up with that?  But, I suppose I better get used to it.  When the group traning starts it'll be on Saturday and Sunday at 8:00AM.  That means I have to get up at 7:00 at the latest to make it.  Not being much of a morning person I usually use my weekends to chatch up on sleep (and never see the downsite of 9:00AM) but I'm just going to have to change all that I suppose.   In a way I'm excited about the challenge.  At least I am today - ask me again 1/2 way through November.

My Group workouts don't start until November, so I've got a few weeks here where I can either laze around on my butt as much as possable and enjoy my couch before I have to tell it goodbye, or I can get up, and get a little head start on my conditioning.  I think it's going to be the latter.  The training has got me a little worried.  The swimming and biking - no problem - but the running.  Eh yeah.  Running's never really been my strong suite.  I've injured myself twice before while running and well, as mentioned before, I'm 100 lbs overweight.  Not exactly an easy task on my feet, knees, and hips to push that much weight around.  Not that I can drop 100 lbs in the two weeks before training, but I can at least start to warm up the feet, knees and hips and give them a warning of what's to come!

OH!  and I'm also making some serious nutrition changes in my life :)  so expect the pounds to start to fall off soon!  In fact, I'm now weighing in weekly with a third (impartial) party and for every pound lost - I'll donate $2 to myself - anyone willing to match donations?

Alright - time to go put some excercise clothes on! :)  

and don't forget to click the purple button and make a donation - every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment