Thursday, September 7, 2017

Is it Thursday already!?

It felt so good to be back in the gym today! Yesterday was my rest day and MAN did it feel good.  I had so much energy.  I almost felt guilty for not doing SOMETHING.  But, my brain and my body needed the break.

The real challenge came later in the day when someone brought gourmet cupcakes into the office. The pig brain/feast beast/Addictive voice whatever you want to call it started whispering... "You could have one.  Maybe the bump in calories and carbs would make you lose weight..." but I answered back.."It would never be just one..."  Then I focused on the fact that I wasn't even THINKING about eating until they brought in the sweets, and that I wasn't hungry, and that I've had cupcakes before and It's not like this isn't some food I've never tasted - and they never taste as good as I think they are going to and if I've gained tomorrow I'll certainly regret it... and then I grabbed a bag of almonds and a water and ignored the cupcakes.  AND THEN later in the day someone made popcorn!  The smell was just amazing and I felt like I was gaining weight just sitting there breathing the air... BUT I don't really like popcorn. I hate the way it sticks in my teeth and it always gives me a tummy ache after eating it.  So I passed that by as well. #noregrets

I wore my new sports bra to the gym today - it totally made me smile!


Even better was that after I was dressed I felt.. skinniner!  It feels like I'm betting my waist back!  (not from the side just yet, but from the front at least!




Workout today..

  • Barbell Bench Press
    • 55 lb x 10 reps
    • 70 lb x 5 reps
    • 85 lb x 5 reps
    • 90 lb x 5 reps
    • 105 lb x 5 reps
    • 125 lb x 5 reps
  • Dips - Chest Version
    • 10 reps | assisted | 190 lb
    • 7 reps | assisted | 190 lb
    • 8 reps | assisted | 190 lb
  • Dumbbell Flyes
    • 15 lb x 10 reps
    • 15 lb x 10 reps
    • 15 lb x 10 reps
  • Triceps Pushdown
    • 50 lb x 10 reps
    • 50 lb x 10 reps
    • 50 lb x 10 reps
  • Cable Crunch
    • 100 lb x 10 reps
    • 100 lb x 12 reps
    • 100 lb x 12 reps
  • Running (treadmill)
    • 00:46:28 | 2.5 mi | 0.5 %
  • Dead Hang
    • 00:00:15 (PR)

Running is getting easier and easier (I run one minute and walk 1 minute) and I actually added a few extra minutes today just so I could hit 2.5 miles - it's exciting to be working out and getting better and stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment