Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Labor Day Weekend - the wrap-up

Saturday - I did my workouts... ate on plan and all was good
Sunday - I did my workouts - ate on plan and all was good
Monday -  did my workouts -- and than all hell broke loose

actually, it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't good either.  right after I got done working out I had some friends come over, and one of them brought a huge jug of Mojitos.  And I decided to have one.. then another and another and .... I didn't eat

So my carb starved body sucked it up.. big time!  I got a little, well, drunk.  I finally drank a bunch of water and ate a brockwurst right before bedtime, but it wasn't pretty.

I woke up this AM feeling shaky.  I knew things we're especially right.  Going on a booze fast isn't really a great thing to do.  BUT... I weighed in and the scale said 269... what!?  I tried again, still 269.  Scale thinks I lost 4 lbs overnight.  I'm thinking I was probably just dehydrated, but we'll know for sure tomorrow.

I took my pre-workout and talked myself into going to the gym.  "Just do one exercise" I told myself.  And I did!  and then another and another, until they were all done!

I got home and put on my running shoes.  "Just walk the whole thing" I told myself.  But when my watch said it was time to run. I ran.  And... it wasn't a struggle.  Yes, I felt shaky and I knew I wasn't running on clean fuel, but I felt, lighter and stronger and... it was strange.

Food has been good and clean all day today.  Right on plan.  Tomorrow is my rest day and strangely I feel like I don't even need it!  But I'll take it and enjoy it and look for more weight loss to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment