Friday, July 23, 2004

Alright, I’ve been away for a few days so I’ll try to catch you up.



Wednesday, I came home so tired! I dropped on the couch as soon as I got home and didn’t move for the rest of the night. Literally. I didn’t even cook dinner! Instead my fiancé made me a PB&J Sandwich. Not exactly the ginger chicken I had planned, but not terribly bad either. I was also so tired I didn’t plan the next day. Bad mistake because it was a day in desperate need of planning!



Thursday I had an all day meeting. (These happen once a quarter of so). I knew lunch was provided so I would be stuck eating pretty much what they provided. I needed to be to work early too and this limited my breakfast prep time. Breakfast ended up being a bagel with PB on in. On the way into work I picked up and then snacked on an energy bar because I knew it would be a LONG time ‘til lunch. If I only knew HOW long! We finally took a break at 1:00pm. I was so hungry I had a headache and was shaking. Times like that are REALLY dangerous for me because the urge to get sugar to the blood stream FAST is almost too much. Cravings for candy bars were almost overcome by cravings for burgers and fries when I walked past Burger King, but I resisted and forced myself to visit Subway instead (one of my LEAST favorite fast food places). A turkey sandwich and baked lays later and I was feeling a bit better. I went past the Wallgreens and picked up another energy bar for later, and ended up eating it before end of the lunch hour. By the time I got home I was exhausted and STARVING. I grabbed a cheese stick and went to bed. I was feeling a little better after a short nap, but not a lot. Dinner was a NICE healthy blackened chicken (ping me if you want the recipe) and rice.. YUM!



Today I woke up and it was OBVIOUS by the way I was feeling that I haven’t been eating enough. I was week and shaky and my stomach was so upset that I thought I was going to hurl. All symptoms I recognize. So, I had a serving of beef jerky and a bagel. Waited about an hour– still feeling crap. Had scrambled eggs and toast. A little better, but still feeling hollow about an hour later, so I had a energy bar to top it all off. Much MUCH better now! As much as I HATE tracking my food if this happens again I’m going to start doing it. It’s just much much too easy for me to eat less and less every day until I’m worn out and eating too too little.



In other news, the scale said 185.5 this morning. Das ist Gute…



OH! And what is today? Friday? My arms still hurt SO BAD! Well not really my arms, but my chest! I’m not sure another upper body workout is in a works, but if not, I think I’ll run and make up yesterday’s missed workout.



Still in this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment