Monday, July 26, 2004

First off, I know - I shouldn't use the word can't...
Second - No, I don't mean Body-for-Life per se. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the lifestyle for me and that it will bring the results I want.

However, I, like many, want to make this FOR LIFE. I'm tired of the yo-yos. Of falling on and off the wagon (sometimes for a year at a time). I want a plan that I can stick to - for life and what I'm currently doing won't cut it.

Here's my current schedule:

5:30 the alarm goes off 5:45 I crawl out of bed, shower, dress, blend a shake (that I mesured out the night before) grab some tea and then head out the door. 6:15 I'm on the road. Drink shake, drink tea. 7:00 Grab the ferry, sleep 8:15 Arrive at work - work - eat three meals 5:00 Grab the Ferry Home. Do Misc paperwork, eat meal five, Plan meals, workouts, sleep 6:00 Jump in the car 6:45 Arrive at home, change 7:00(ish) Start my workout. 8:00(ish) Finish Workout - start dinner, eat 9:00(ish) Start making lunches (I have to pack 5 meals for the next day) 10:00 Time for bed.

As you can see, by the time I've finished taking care of the BFL side of my life - I've no time left for anything else! There's no doubt in my mind that if I keep going this way I'll soon give up - AGAIN.

One option is to get up and workout in the morning (see me falling over and laughing) I've never had any luck doing that. When I plan morning workouts I set myself up for failure and I hate starting my day like that. Having already let myself down. Plus - Because I'm a person who REALLY needs her sleep, it would mean going to bed an hour earlier at night. So, it kind of defeats the purpose.

So the only other option I've thought about is to become really really good at preparing my meals. I'm sure that with the right plan I could make my five 'to-go' meals in a heck of a lot less time then the hour (or more) that it's currently taking me. some of the ideas I've had is premaking pancakes and protien muffins. Boiling loads of chicken and eggs (yes, I boil chicken for many of my meals simply because I can put it in a pot and then walk away and it doesn't heat up the house as much as baking it) But after that I start to get stumped.

I need to figure out some things I can either make in bulk and have it last for a week, or that I can throw together in less then five minutes the night before.

I would rather avoid Meal Replacement Drinks and Bars because, the point of this, for me, is to not only be in shape but to be healthier, and traiding one sort of processed food for another, doesn't seem the correct path for me.

What's funny was when I first started thinking about this that little doubter in my head started up her negative talk. "If you make stuff this way, you'll end up eating the same thing every day!" Then I realized. Even when I'm not 'living' the life. I end up eating the same things every day. A Egg, Cheese and Bacon Bagel for Breakfast, a Sandwich or Salad bar for lunch... So a few of the same meals doing the week is not going to kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment