Monday, July 19, 2004

I think it’s a pretty good sign when you finish your workout and can’t lift your water bottle to get a drink when your done!

 

Yeah, I had a good workout.  First off because I did it, secondly because I did it with the wholehearted support of the one I love, and last but not least, because I put 100% into it and I am TOAST!  Can you say noodle arms?

 

It didn’t start out so great.  I opened up my new barbell; all excited about using it for the first time, and realized that it was missing the collars that were supposed to come with it!  Just that little set back had me thinking twice about working out, but my honey wouldn’t let me get off that easily.  I borrowed the collars from my dumbbells and forged ahead! 

 

First was chest.  Bench press (on the swissball)

55lbs x 12

I don’t know what I was thinking.  I loaded the bar WAY too heavy. Barely finished the 12, so I left the weight the same for the next set.

55 x 10

Still heavy!

55 x 8

Almost OK so I bumped the weight for the next set

60 x 6

then

55x12

YEAH!

Bench Flyes

15 (each) x 12

That was a 10.5!

 

Next, Shoulders – Upright rows

10lbs x 12

15 x 10

20 x 8

25 x 6

20 x 12

all too easy – need to up by 5 lbs next time

Lateral Flye

2 lbs x 12

WAY too easy – maybe 3lbs next time?

 

Next Back – Bent Row

40lbs x 12

45 x 10

50 x 8

55 x 6

It was really getting hard so I dumped more weight then I normally would for the final set

45 x 12

Bent Flye

5lbs x 12

too easy – need to be heavier next time – maybe 7.5

 

I skipped biceps and triceps this time – My arms were already toast from the previous exercises. 

 

I just have two more meals to eat and I’m finished for the day!  AND it’s been PERFECT!! Wooo Hooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment