Saturday, October 16, 2021

Ladies. Let me tell you a tale. A tale of the best patty melt I ever had.
Around the time camp ended, I got a hankering for a patty melt. I thought about it for a few days and then mentioned to my daughter that I wanted one. She suggested I plan one for Wednesday when we were going out together.
Well, Wednesday rolled around, I had planned a patty melt …but then our plans didn’t go as planned and it ended up we were doing take out instead of sit down. I decided if I was going to have a patty melt I didn’t want one that had been sitting around in a bag for half an hour. So I #plmf and had grilled chicken instead.
Meanwhile we started making plans to go out on Friday with friends and while doing that decided to go to the local Irish pub who happens to make awesome patty melts.
Last night (Friday) we went out with friends to that pub and I ordered a patty melt and I ate half of. I savored EVERY … SINGLE … BITE. and it was so good! Probably the best I’ve ever had.
This morning I was thinking about that experience, and how glad I was that I had planned that burger, that I had visualized how I was going to enjoy it and how I was going to stop at enough because there was no way the second half would taste as good as the first. But then I had another realization. That I enjoyed the anticipation of that burger almost as much as I did eating it. And that all of that would have been lost if, when I first I had urge I had just pulled into any old place and ate any ol’ patty melt simply because I had a craving!
Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment