Friday, August 25, 2023

 More to share! (you can tell when Shawn is working the program!)

Iamma gunna tell ya how I got here first than give you my 'ah-ha' (I'll try to keep it short!)
I started planning again this week. AND I started writing down my WHYs (other than weight loss) for doing the four basics (really mostly about writing and following a plan - cause those are my trouble spots)
So, today I was getting that 'Friday Fuck it Feeling' and this was the conversation in my head
"I want a beer"
"No, I really want to keep up with this weight loss"
"I have a choice. I can choose a beer or I can chose lose weight"
"That's a sucky choice - no wonder I give up so often - what if I say fuck it to weight loss, who needs weight loss anyway?"
then I had a brain wave
"But, I made a plan NOT to have a beer tonight - so the choice is ACTUALLY, 'I can choose a beer - or I can choose to show respect for my past self who made this plan!'"
FIRE!!! I choose to show myself respect!
Below the fold info:
I write a plan so that I don't have to worry about for the rest of the day. Planning food keeps my long term goals in mind (health and fitness as well as weight)
Following my plan shows self respect. It strengthens my commitment muscle and my consistency muscle. It shows I care about my past self (who made the plan) and the future self who lives with the consequences of my choices
Food tastes better when I'm hungry. The first bite on a empty stomach is incredibly satisfying - each bite after that is less so until they aren't even 'worth' it. If I start already 'full' I'll miss that first oh so satisfying bite.
Stopping at enough makes it easier to digest, keeps me from being in discomfort. Eating more = more discomfort and food is less and less enjoyable to eat. Stopping at enough is honoring my body. It is self care. Stopping at enough means I can be hungry sooner and get the satisfaction of the 'first bite' again.

No comments:

Post a Comment