Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chicken Fajita, Side of Refried Beans, Baby Carrots, Salsa Cup

Ohhh where to start? I don't know about most people but this isn't what I envision when I think of a fajita. Yes, there was a tortilla, and yes there was chicken, but, that's where the similarites to a fajita ended. When I first pulled back the tortilla covering I thought to myself, hmmm this looks like an inside out enchalada. Because the chicken was mixed in with some sort of red sause. If only it were true. Granted, I'm not a fan of red sauses in general. (Yes yes I'm a picky eater.) But I can usually tolerate most without it ruining my meal. This time though... rather then being some kind of spicy mexican flavored tomatoe sause what it tasted like was cheep, overly sweet pizza sause. It was icky! I'm sorry but the sause they include in lunchables was better then this. On the plus side though... the beans were really good. Spicy and not too watery. The carrots were good too - not overly cooked, reheated easily and were flavorful. So I'm not going to give up on this meal just yet. What I'm going to do is, next time I'll pull the chicken 'mix' out of the tortilla (the tortilla got gross in the microwave) add the beans to it, then put it back into tortilla and try it that way.

at least it was filling

No comments:

Post a Comment