Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Stir Fry Chicken, Oriental Veggies, Brown Rice

First Dinner on the plan.

It looked good. The chicken put me back a little because it looked like it was all dark meat but there was pleanty of it. But if it was dark meat it didn't have the 'fatty' flavor that I normally associate with it (and don't like). it was also in 'big' chunks but the broke up easily while cooking. The rice was a little tough straight out of the container but once heated was perfect, not too tough not too gummy. The veggies looked good. Whole pices of snow pease and baby corn ears. They cooked up nice too.

To cook this I dumped the entire container in a pan and 'stir fried' it to heat it up. It worked really well. This made a nice big 'bowl' for dinner and I was certainly satisfied when I finished it. This is certainly a meal I could stand to eat once a month and I suspect will stay on my menu for a long time to come.

Only negative was that there were quite a few mushrooms in the mix, but they were big and easy to pick out. The 'no mushroom' thing is mearly a personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment