Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cranapple Muffin, CranOrange Cream Cheese, Orange

I was a little worried about this, my first breakfast. I'm not a big fan of cooked fruit so a muffin with not only cranberries but apples in it kind of set me back.

As I expected the cooked bits took a little mental fortitude for me to get over. It's mearly a texture thing for me - I just don't like the way cooked apples 'feel'. But I promised myself that for this first month I would try the food as prepared and 'get over it'.

I can honestly say, though, that my personal squeemishness aside, this was a really really good muffin. It was super moist, and amazingly enough filling! Not to mention it taisted really good too. I'm normally not a huge fan of cream cheese either but the canorange flavoring in this one made it outstanding and it was a perfect compliment to the muffin. There was way more then I needed too. The biggest surprise was the orange. I don't know how diet to go did it, but that was the best orange I've had in years! juicy and sweet. It reminded me why I used to like eating oranges.

Overall I'm on the fence about this meal. It was so delicious that I'll probably just work through my 'no cooked fruit' thing and just give it another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment