Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ravioletti Pasta Salad, Everything Flat Bread

Well two meals in a row, my personal preferences rears it's ugly head :)

I don't like mayo, 'white' dressing or things that taste like them. So my first bite of this salad was with a bit of trepidation. I have to say I was surprised. It wasn't as bad as it could have been. Given that the description states that this is a pesto dressing, I was dissapointed to find it wasn't all that.. pesto-ey. But it wasn't as mayo-ey as it could have been. I didn't savor every bite, but I didn't choke it down either. The ravioletti was really good. The noodle part was the right level of aldente. The veggies were nice a crisp. There was a lot of bell pepper (another 'dislike' of mine) but they were big pieces easy enough to pick out. The flat bread... soooo yummy!! a little bit of sesame crispy goodness.

Again, this is a meal that I'll probably leave on the menu for one more try. Sometimes things that I don't 'love' the first time I have them grow on me after a bit. And I know for sure that if you were someone who didn't have my particular food 'hangups' you would have loved this lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment