Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The First Day of the Rest of my Life

I've said this before, but this time it's different. Ok, I know I've said before 'this time is different' too. *SIGH* I'm getting depressed already (not really).

So there are a few things here that are REALLY different. 1 - I turned 39 a few weeks ago. That means that on Jan 4th, 2009 I'll be 40. Like many people, I would like to start the second half of my life in the BEST shape of my life.

The goal? 130 lbs

Secondly: Last night I picked up my first 'bag' of food. from Diet to Go. I'm on the three meal a day 7 day a week program; 1200 calories a day. On the 1200 calories program it allows me to put a little variety in my meals because I should be eating between 1200 and 1400 calories - so that leaves me 200 calories that I can eat something of my own choosing. It also allows me to 'save-up' some calories each day so I can have a 'splurge meal' once a week. The part of all is that I don't have to spend any time planning or prepping meals. I've no excuses to not eat a nutritious, low calorie, low fat meal. So far, my experiance with Diets to Go has been great. It was easy, the phone support/customer service has been excellent, and the two meals I've eaten (cause I had the first one last night) were fantastic!

I know there will come a time when I wonder how the heck will I get through the next day - but for now I'm forseeing smooth sailing. Even on the weekends - imagine that!

First goal is to get below 210. I expect to get there by 1/23 (one week from today). I also want to get back to the gym. I don't know why this has been so difficult! Not just for me but for my husband as well. Neither of us seem to be able to get ourselves out of bed in the mornings. I'll update as I figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment