Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Let's see, I think it's about time for an update.

The weekend went great. I ate on plan and rested. That was the easy part.

Monday was good too. I ROCKED my chest workout. Seriously – I'm sore today and that hasn't happened in a LONG time.

Flat BB Bench Press: 70lbs (+ the bar) x 6 / 75 x 6 / 75 x 6
Incline DB Press: 45 x 6 / 45 x 6 / 45 x 6 I think one more week at 45 and I'll be ready to go up to 50! I'm so excited.
Flyes: 25 x 6 / 25 x 6

Food was good all day yesterday as well. Feeling really good about that.

Today was legs and I rocked that as well.

Squats (used the smith Machine today) 140 (plus bar) x 6 / 140 x 6 / 140 x 6
A guy came over while I was finishing my warmup on these and asked if he could 'work in' I said SURE and he added 50 lbs to the 90 I already had on the bar. He did his set and then started to take the 50 lbs off. You should have seen his face when I said 'no leave it'. I love when that happens.

Leg Press: 140 x 6 / 150 x 6
Standing Calf Raises: 225 x 6 / 235 x 6
Dead Lift: 110 x 6 / 110 x 6

I nearly screwed myself on deadlifts. My grip was slipping and I thought I would 'hitch' it up a little. Well my hands didn't like the 'hitching' the bar started to slip and I ended up catching it with my thigh.. OUCH!

But I didn't do anything more then bruise it a little. Next time I'm going to try an alternating grip and see if that helps.

Food today – was going ok, until the girl next to me brought a HOT FRESH Chocolate Chip cookie and set it on my desk.

BUT that was the only 'off plan' thing I ate – and I subbed it for my afternoon meal. So I don't feel THAT bad about it.

Tomorrow it's back at the gym and shooting for another clean day.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally picture that guy at the gym's face when you told him to leave it...AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, you kick my BUTT in bench press! 75 pounds PLUS the 45-lb bar??? You freakin' rock!

    ReplyDelete