Tuesday, October 18, 2005

So, how have things been going for me?

Well my workouts have been fantastic. I changed to the Max-OT training program 1 – because it’s 5 days a week, and I LIKE lifting 5 days a week 2 – because it’s quick and leaves me time to do cardio every day and 3 – because it lets me lift heavy and I REALLY like lifting heavy. I’ve completed a week.

I’m still getting up at 4:00AM to hit the gym – and loving it. Ok – I don’t love getting up at 4:00AM but love hitting the gym enough to live with getting up at 4:00AM.

I think food is going ok. I feel like I’m eating healthy 6 days a week – but I must still be eating ‘too much’ because I don’t seem to be losing weight. This is so frustrating. I was expecting October to be the start of something big. Total weight loss so far? .6 lbs. Honestly I can say that I haven’t ‘tried everything’. It’s becoming more and more plain to me that I need to count calories. However, the time involved in making that happen is daunting. I guess I have to decide how badly I want this. There’s a part of me that wants to say… just keep doing what you’re doing. You’re healthy, what more do you want? Stop beating yourself up and live. But there’s the other part of me that’s not willing to give up the dream. That’s not willing to settle for ok. So, I suppose I should pee or get off the pot…

On a positive note – I’m getting ‘scary strong’ (as some people like to put it).

I’ll post my current Personal Bests on each exercise tonight so I can track progress.

As a plan going forward – I’m going to continue to read the “Thin Commandments” to get a handle on my cravings, and I’m going to re-read Burn the Fat Feed the muscle. AND I’m going to plug some numbers into fitday. I’ll how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the "what more do you want" thing but then you think about your "ultimate" dreams and goals...I go back and forth between those too. I like doing MAX OT, I'm taking a break from it right now but I definitely gained some strength, it rocks. You go with your scary strong self!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've figured it out. I want to reach my goals.. enough whining - time to do what it takes!

    ReplyDelete