Thursday, April 16, 2009

Except for the whole 'taxes' thing I had a good day yesterday. I was right on plan with my eating, and I got my workout done.



Back Workout:

V-Bar Pulldown: 3x(80x12)

Wide Grip Pulldown: 3x(90x12)

Seated Cable Rows: 3x(90x12)

Barbell Bent Rows: 3x(85x12)



And then a 30 minute/2 mile run/walk

At the end of the day I downloaded my first day's worth of data from my bodybugg. Other then my 'normal' sitting in front of the computer, I took a 10 minute walk, and did my weight/run workout. I was a little surprised to find at the end of the day that I had only burned 2510 calories!



Since the bodybugg gives me a very detailed view of how much I'm burning at any time I got a real eye opener. Sitting in front of the computer (which I do all day, every day, even through my lunch) only burns on average 1.3 calories a minute. That's less then 100 calories per hour! And is the same burn rate as sleeping! No wonder I gain weight so easily!


During the short leisurely walk I took to the corner store I averaged almost 7 calories per minute. That's a HUGE difference!


What I've learned is that I need to get up and get away from my computer more often. Sitting in front of the computer through my lunch is doing me NO GOOD! Even an easy walk along the bay will make a big difference in my daily burn. I've also got a new goal that every time I get up to use the bathroom I'll walk up and down at least one flight of stairs.


I can't wait to see what a difference just these small things will make in my total at the end of the day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment