Thursday, October 30, 2014

A post about nothing

I feel a little weird, posting this way about.. .well, nothing.  The only reason I am is because I promised myself to write in my blog every day.

I used to write in my blog every day without a problem.  In fact it was practically a NEED for me.  I was learning about myself, about my limits about my aspirations... I was charged up and charging forward... and I think afraid.  Afraid that the fire wouldn't remain.  And it didn't.

Now... well I really don't have a fire.  This new "Action" face I'm in seems to be really calm and practical.  I'm not celebrating every win with a happy dance.  I'm taking it more matter of fact and you know what, that feels good to me.  It's a similar feeling to when I gave up diet pepsi (and all sodas) back in July.  There wasn't some big fan fair.  I didn't count down the days until my 'last day'.  I just looked around one afternoon and discovered I hadn't had a diet pepsi all day and though, huh, I wonder how long I can keep this up?   It's Oct and I still haven't picked one up and frankly, don't feel the need to.  If this journey with my weight loss can be like that.  I'll be so grateful.

So in  way I kind of want to celebrate the 'nothing to post about' moments.  Revel in the fact that a clean eating day is nothing to be excited about, it's just a day.  It's time to find other things to be excited about.

first off - the food is still good.  I'm enjoying it so much that I added meals for my husband to my plan.

Dinner: Crab Stuffed Flounder, Cauliflower, Creamed Spinach, Green Beans - OK a little fishy for my taste and had some crab shell left in it - but it was ok.
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Canadian Bacon, Spinach, Cauliflower - this was a repeat from last week.  The Spinach was mixed in w/cream cheese and was a little.. thick before.  But this time I left it in the oven longer and it all melted and mmmmmmmmmmmmm. so good!
Lunch: Hamburger with Swiss Cheese, Creamed Spinach, Green Beans - again spinich mixed with cream cheese, but this time I had the gist of it.  I left it in the oven long enough to melt all the cream cheese and that plus the swiss cheese plus hamburger.. heaven!

Weight - I'm officially below 250! yay!!

Made it to the gym this am and did squats and did a 30 minute walk with the dog at lunch, so I'm all set here.  Ready to party (reasonably) tonight and enjoy the rest of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment