Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day one:Meal one and Day Two:Meal one

I only got to have one meal on day one.  That's because I couldn't pick up my delivery till 5 o'clock. So, my diet started with dinner oddly enough. But I did watch/manage all my meals yesterday and had a great on plan day.

So, my first meal was Chicken Roma; Chicken breast stuffed with what I believe was an artichoke and cream cheese mixture, side of cauliflower and some green beans made a complete meal.

To prepare my dinner all I had to do was take it out of the fridge, peel off the plastic film, throw it in the oven for 15 minutes. I added a little butter and some salt-and-pepper to my veggies just to make sure that they had plenty of flavor but that was it. Then I sat down and NOMed. It was really fantastic and it's certainly something that I can eat regularly and not feel the deprived.

This morning was my first breakfast. This is of some concern because pre-made breakfasts that include eggs can sometimes be really really really bad. To my surprise this wasn't! Breakfast was an egg omelet with cheese with a side of bacon and spinach!




























Again, I just reheated everything inside the oven. You can't cook these things in the microwave but, we don't know the microwave! So I'm left re-heating things the long way.

I think the only thing I would do differently is, like with dinner last night, I should've added a little butter and a little salt a pepper.  Just because cooking in the oven tends to dry things out a bit in the better would add back in a little moisture. But, otherwise everything was fantastic.  This also came with a little side of salsa but since I don't eat salsa I skipped that part. I was really glad that the salsa was packed separately.  That way I didn't have to try and pick through my breakfast for stuff that I actually liked. Hopefully they continue doing this because (and this is my main problem with premade meals) I don't like onions or tomatoes!

I've already noticed some of the meals have bell peppers and I don't like bell peppers either.   But those are normally easy enough to pick out. There were some in the chicken Roma last night and I was able to pick them out easily and there wasn't an overwhelming taste of bell peppers.

I'll update you again once I have lunch today.  I have beef casserole and I'm excited to see how that turns out.

Oh! And I'm already down to 257! Glad to see my body hasn't decided to start this thing out stubborn 

No comments:

Post a Comment