Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 7

So, how is this Diet2Go thing going for me?

Well, as of today I'm down 10 pounds - I would call that a short term success!

As for the meals, well So far I've had:

Chicken and Bacon Cheddar Melt, Mustard Greens, Broccoli & Cajun Cream Sauce
Lemon Herb Chicken, Cheesy Broccoli with Bacon, Green Beans
Pork Chop Breakfast, Egg Patty, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Green Beans (Twice)
Andouille Sausage, Fajita Veggies, Mozzarella Cheese, Zucchini & Squash Mix
Grilled Pork Chop, Green Peppercorn Sauce, Garlic Cauliflower Puree, Green Beans
Vegetable Quiche, Sausage Patty, Spinach
Spicy Salmon and Spinach Salad, Bacon Round, Marinated Vegetable Blend
Beef Short Ribs, Mushroom Sauce, Kale, Broccoli & Red Peppers

At this point it might be easier to tell you what I 'didn't like...

I don't like that it appears they put bell peppers on EVERYTHING.  I've given up hope that I'll have a dish without them and just eat around them.  Usually they are mild enough I don't notice.

The only dish I couldn't pick my way through (and still enjoy) was the Vegetable Quiche.  Just too much 'gross' stuff in it, peppers, mushrooms etc.

the Spicy Salmon was a bit of a challenge for me.  At least in the beginning.  I don't usually like oily fish and especially if it has a strong fishy taste to it.  The first few bites of the Salmon and I thought I wouldn't be able to eat it, but as it cooled the fish taste got milder and to my surprise I finished the entire thing (minus the peppers).  Wasn't really 'spicy' though - just a little bell peppery.

The only other disappointment was the Cauliflower Puree on my pork chop dish last night.  I've had "Mashed Cauliflower" before and I like it, but there was something weird in the texture and after taste of the puree that wasn't entirely pleasant.  I finished it, but it wasn't a great pleasure to eat.

By far my favorite meal of all of those wsa the Beef Short Ribs I had today for lunch.  O M G melt in your mouth with a really fantastic sauce.  I could eat that every day!

I also managed to go to the gym this morning.

My short term plan is to do Windlers 5/3/1 Big but Boring plan.  Only, because traffic was terrible on the way to the gym this AM I only manged to do the main sets - not the assistance work.  but I'm ok with that - that's why I picked this plan - because I was getting major muscle workouts even if I was short on time.    So I did a warm up, and then three sets of Overhead press, then walked on the treadmill.  A good combo and honestly, started my day off right.

One more thing to note.  We threw an adult Hallowen party this weekend.  Lots of food, dancing, drinking and general fun.  I made all the savory food for the party a bought a cake.  I handled the party by skipping my dinner for the night and only eating those foods at the party that honored my plan.  AND I had only a small drink - straight.  No beer, cider or sugary mixers.  And.. it worked!  Woke up the next day still down a little in weight.  It really does my confidence good to know I can make it through an event like that enjoy myself, lose weight and only feel a little twinge of sadness at not getting a piece of cake, or bread, or a cupcake.

Oh speaking of cake I skipped having a piece of cake at work too on Friday!

I think some of that is helped by the fact that this food keeps me soooo full!  I finding it pretty easy to ignore cravings - but to ignore both hunger and cravings might be a bit more difficult.  But so far, this past week it's been easy.   Here's to keeping up the momentum!



No comments:

Post a Comment