Tuesday, January 2, 2018

I have a goal!

And that goal is to be 200 by July 1st.  I do realize that is aggressive, but I want to be aggressive. I want to push myself and achieve something significant! 

The final goal would be to be 150 by this time next year (130lbs total).  This mean averaging 1.3% weight loss a week! So That goal is my Massively Aggressive Balls to the Wall Goal.    But, I do also have a "Let's not get too crazy here" goal of losing 100 lbs and getting to 180 by Jan 1 2019, but I'll keep my eye on the big prize and then I'll be sure to hit my 'minimum achieved goal' easily. 

How to do this?  Well - I'm going to start with food (as all good plans should)

Pretty typical stuff - Low Carb - Moderate Protein - Moderate Fat - Calorie Restricted.  Right now I'm aiming for 1500 calories/day.  I may lower that as I get fat adapted.  If I do I'll add a weekly re-feed into the mix. I don't want to get into the bad habit of last year where I ate very little every day, but never brought my calories up for a single day to compensate.  So my calories for an entire week will not go below 10,000. Biggest daily goal is to make sure I'm getting enough protein every day. That number is 120g.

Exercise:  My new job has limited my time available for exercise, but I'm going to do what I can.  Goal is weight lifting 4 days a week and 3 days a week of running.  What I may do eventually is limit the amount of lifting I do (like maybe only one large lift a session) to give more time for cardio, but we'll see.  There's also the option for signing up for classes or something similar after work (rather then driving straight home) but that'll have to wait for a bit...I need to get settled into this new routine of showing up at the office every day etc before I add any additional stress into my life.

What else?  drink water, get 8 hours of sleep, lower stress as much as possible... find ways to make all of this FUN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment