Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Oh! forgot to mention - while out with friends I actually confessed to them that I wanted to lose 100 lbs this year.  There was a frustrating moment when instead of "Oh good luck..." or something like that , they both went "What!? That's not healthy! You'll be too thin!"

(This came up because one friend, who is at a healthy weight and always has been, mentioned that her husband wants to lose 50 lbs).

I just had to shake my head at them and told them that I would NOT be too thin - even after 100 lbs I'll still be at an unhealthy weight and that my ultimate goal was to lose 150lbs.  They again had a fit - telling me how unhealthy that would be etc.  I just sighed and let them know that I carry my weight well and I do indeed have 150lbs to lose.  They settled down a bit after that, but as I expected, my friends, though wonderful, are not really going to be much of a support over the next year and half while I go on this journey. 

My husband - while supportive isn't much help either.  He doesn't understand why I need to set specific goals.  He's always telling me things like, "Just try to be healthier..." "Eat healthier and get more exercise" "If you just exercised you would't have to worry about the food you are eating..."  Uh yeah.  I tried "Just be healthier" for a while and go no where (well I might have gotten healthier, but how do you measure 'healthier?', and while exercise is important nutrition is 80% of weight loss.  Just because he can start going for walks after work and skip the bowl of ice cream at night to lose weight doesn't mean that'll work for me *sigh*

But!  I don't need others to make it through this.  In fact it's better that I have my own way and my own motivation - so that I'm not relying on someone else's mojo to get me through.  I'm going to make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment