Tuesday, February 17, 2004

My meals are planned, and I actually should have a pretty stressfree day. for the first time in about two years I'm not under the pressure that comes from working at a client site. I'm actually working the entire day out of my companies office. This is the most relaxed I've felt in ages. The really strange thing is that I didn't realize the pressure I put myself under to be 'on' when working for a client. I guess it just goes to prove that I have a serious 'work ethic'. Or maybe just a need to prove myself! :)



Last night was anothe busy night. I didn't sit down until 10:00! When I say I didn't sit down I mean it literally - I even ate standing! I had to do some shopping (I walked in for fat free cheese and Milk and walked out having spent $130 - how does that happen?) Then when I got home I found ants had invaided! Nigel's back in school (last class before he gets his BS! YAY!) so I made him sit down and study while I cleaned the kitchen, cooked dinner, planned and cooked lunches, and cleaned the kitchen AGAIN! Then I worked on the fish tank and finally collaped on the couch. Once again I found I couldn't just SIT there, so I did a nice pilates session before callapsing with a hot wrap for my neck and shoulders. WHEW! I did realize that I can't keep going on like this. I NEED ME time at night so I've got to find a way to divide the work a little better while still giving him time to do his school work. Or - I've got to stop trying so hard and just let SOME things slide - but WHAT? Today I need to plan the weekend, (we've got 4 kids between the ages of 16 and 10 coming over for THREE DAYS!) update the budget, plan and fix tomorrow's meals and find some time to workout.... Oh - and go to the laundrymat and do the laudry for the week! EEK!!! I think I'll make a list and have Nigel pick a few things and I'll try to do the rest. Whatever's not done by 8:00 just WON'T get done! (except the workout). The capricorn in me has been in full force of late.. time to let the monkey out to play! :)



I've got my lunches with me today, but I've been invited out to lunch... still debating - but it's difficult to let all that hard work go to waste... (and all the bad food go to my waist!), so we'll see. The good news is that for the second week in a row I've put on my 'tightest' pair of size 14 slacks and thought - hmmm these are loose! I think I've finally convinced myself that it's not my imagination or wishful thinking... I KNOW that these were washed in hot water and put in the dryer. They SHOULD be tight, but aren't...AND, my weigth's been 179 for two days in a row. If this keeps up I'll reach my goal of 175 before the end of the month after all! woo hooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment