Monday, February 2, 2004

I started my first 2004 challenge 4 weeks go - so it was time to take progress pictures. As I suspected there was No progress to be found. I even got a second opinion to be sure. My fiancé agreed, the two pictures could have been taken the same day they were THAT identical to each other. Every view...



A first I was bummed. After all, there was this part of my mind that had hoped that the scale was just being stubborn and that I was making OTHER changes all this time. But no. My fiancé began to worry about me. I got a nice long hug from him and a pep talk. He basically said "I don't want you to get discouraged and give up." Well, I'm NOT giving up. I've decided to 'reboot' the year. Yes, I'm going to press Ctrl-Alt-Del and begin with a fresh face, clean slate. No more memory errors :) I took a good LONG look at those pictures. and I mean REALLY looked. Although I wear my clothes well and I AM into a size 12 (below average for the US female population I'm told) there is a LOT of unhealthy fat hanging onto my body, especially on my lower abdomen. My fiancé even asked me "Doesn't that bother you, weigh you down and make you feel.. bah?" I explained to him that I've weighed this much or more since I was 19 - this feels 'normal' to me. I think that's why it's so easy to 'just have a nibble' and 'skip just this one workout'. And after all, what I spend the most time looking at is my hands and wrists and they are pretty slim looking. But it's not enough anymore to have pretty hands. I want to get some of this FAT off of me! The only way I know to do that is to stick to my diet and to exercise. I went to bed last night with visions of success dancing in my head and I think that's a good thing. I decided to do as several have suggested and write my goals as if I’ve already achieved them. I started composing my four-week goals as I drifted off and I will finish them before the end of the day.



Food is planned and on plan – Upper body for tonight – no excuses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment