Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm trying to get back into the habit of logging/blogging...

The good news is, unlike other times when a laps in my blogging meant a laps in my focus - I've actually been doing very well.  Well, on workouts at least.

Wednesday was a back workout:

Lat Pull-down: 6 x 125, 6 x 125, 6 x 130
V Bar Pull-down: 6 x 130, 6 x 130
Cable Row: 6 x 130, 6 x 130
Kneeling One-Arm Row: 6 x 50

Followed by an interval run/walk following the Podrunner series.  I'm following the program using 5 MPR (12 min mile) for the running portion and 3.5 MPR for the walking.  I'm hoping that'll allow me to do a 5K at a 12 Min per mile pace.  We'll see - I managed to keep up the pace for the whole 60 seconds of each interval, so that's good.

Thursday was a Back and Traps at my 'other gym' in Sacramento:

Incline Dumbbell Press: 6 x 45 x 3
Dumbbell Bench Press: 6 x 50 x 2
Decline Dumbbell Press: 6 x 45 x 2

Dumbbell Shoulder Shrug: 10 x 70 x 2

Friday was a holiday but I hit the gym anyway - it was Arms and Abs day:

Barbell Curl - 6 x 55 x 2
Hammer Curl - 6 x 25
Close Grip Ez-Curl Bar - 6 x 60 x 2
Hanging Leg Lifts - 6 x 2sets
Cable Kneeling Crunch - 10 x 100 x 2

Weirdest thing happened at the gym though.  I was standing, doing my workout when this guy walked passed.  He was staring, so I did what I normally do, I smiled (a little) and nodded.  The guy started laughing!  He looked me up and and down and then laughed so more before walking away.  I still have NO IDEA what that was about - but oh well.  I shrugged it off and went back to my workout.

I was supposed to get one more run in over the weekend - but that didn't happen.  I didn't feel like running on Christmas Day, I was too busy enjoying having all my kids over, and Sunday we spent all day walking around Six Flags so I feel like I at least got a workout in.

As for nutrition.  Well, it's sucked.  Let's just say I've enjoyed the holiday and leave it at that.

But, I do want to talk about my plan for a minute.

Remember, back at the beginning of this blog when I mentioned ADHD?  Well, I'm sure what I'm going to say here is going to seem very much in line with that.

First thing is:  I joined Weight Watchers.  I know, I know, by now you've counted three different nutritional plans that I've mentioned, and I've only been blogging for about a week!  But, hear me out.

I know that I do best when there's some sort of external pressure associated with a goal, or task.  Weight Watchers has a public weigh-in/forum as part of their program and THAT is the portion of their system that I am using.  I'm also playing with the online site and smart phone ap.  The new WW program places emphasis on whole foods, fruits and vegetables, and I'm thinking I can use the points system to do a fairly simple weighed and measured Paleo Plan.

And what about Medi-fast?  That's not very peleo, and frankly I have always felt a little guilty while on the program.  Yes, I see results and I see them quickly, but I've always wondered at what cost.  So, I'm going to spend this week 100% on Medi-fast and any left over food I have will be emergency food for those days I forget or get too lazy to pack a lunch.  No excuse to head down to the Burger King when I've got a high protein tomato soup sitting in my lunch drawer that I can eat instead.

To that end I've got 6 dinners per week planned on a calendar along with recipes and shopping lists.

One other thing I would like to note - the more exercise I do, the more I want to do!  lol!  I've found myself wanting to add more work on my 'weight lifting only' days.  I've noticed that I have access to a gym with a pool at least two days a week (once at my Sac gym on Thursdays and then either day on the weekend).  Maybe it's time to add a little aqua cardio to my program?

Ooooooor - maybe I'll reign my ADHD self in and finish my running program instead! lol  I've got plenty of time after this 5K in Feb to roll back into some swimming and biking.   Let's just say that Tri's are starting to call my name again.  And it's a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment