Friday, September 26, 2003

I had really set myself up for a challenge yesterday with my plan to do my cadio and make up my upper body in one day. But I did it! Last night was probably one of my best cardio ever! My 6's were really 6's and my 9's were 9's. I really focused on form, on how I was feeling, on were I was on the track at ay given time. My 10 was even a SURE 10 because there wasn't anything left in the tank to sprint with at the end! I also noticed that I'm recovering quicker during my active recovery time. It's a lot of work to keep the mind busy while running around a track but I think I did a good job of it last night. I also counted laps, and I'm 'running' a little over 1.25 miles in 17 minutes. Not the best, but then I never was a FAST runner. I'm going to see if I can improve that over the next few weeks.



I did arms much later. I could tell the energy levels were a little low but I still felt I had a great workout. I think I figured out why I like upper body day though. It's the pushups. At the end of every workout I've been seeing how many pushups I can do. And every time, I do more then the last. I don't know what is it with me that makes me feel like EVERY day has to be a personal best. That's the mentality that had me dropping down to 700 calories per day! eep! I'll just have to watch myself and make sure this drive I have during my workouts doesn't turn into something negative. After all that's what most negative traits are anyway.. just positive traits pushed too far. But, back to my workout...



I tried upright rows again for the first time probably in a month. They still KILL my shoulder. Right in the front at the joint. It's my left shouder and I'm right handed, so other then sleeping wrong, I don't know what I could have done to it. I was hoping that by doing other shoulder excercises I could strengthen this area and the pain would go away, but no go :( I did manage two, yes TWO full pushups! YAY!



Eating was clean yesterday. There was a moment of tempation when a bunch of the guys from work asked me to go to lunch with them, and then didn't want to take not for an answer (I'm rarely invited to lunch with the 'guys' so it was hard to say no) But I held strong, and stayed at the office and ate my salad.



The best news of all? I stepped on the scale this morning (Giving it up after Monday) and I was down to.... 189.5! I'm almost afraid to be happy as I might wake up tomorrow and it will be gone. Still, it's good to know my body is on the move again. I just have to hang in there.



One last thing I've realized:

I think the hardest thing for me has been the loss of 'fast food'. The ability to have a busy night and then reach over to the phone and say "Hello Dominos?" I feel I've lost some of the spontinaity in my life. Meals (especially dinner) have to be planned, chicken taken out of the freezer the night before.. etc. I think that's one of the reasons I was craving PB&J the other day... it was simple, and nothing to do with food is simple anymore.









No comments:

Post a Comment