Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Yesterday's workout was so strange. I got a little snippy with my family after getting my feelings hurt and I was still feeling that way as I set off toward the track. When I got to the stoplight at the corner I had such a stronge urge just to run... in ANY direction. I wanted to see new things, go new places and just get AWAY. But I knew there was not way my feet would survive pounding on the sidewalk so I just continued on to the track. When I got there the 'normal' crowd was there. No scrimage game, thank goodness. I don't think I would have been strong enough to do that two workouts in a row! I started running, but I was completely unenthusicastic. I felt so tired. Not physically but spirtually. I kept plodding along. Upping the tempo at each interval, continuing to go through the motions even though my heart wasn't in it. But, amazingly enough, as I pushed my body, my mind seemed to follow. Each interval lifted my heart just a little more, until by the last one I was feeling GREAT and I did a 100 yard sprint to finish it off. I headed back hope in MUCH better spirits and appoligized to them immediatly, then explained what had bothered me. They accepted it all... and peace rigned in our household once more. All because I went for a run. :)



I've really been working on my food intake. Upping portion sizes a little and making sure to eat all 6 meals. Last night after figuring my intake for the day I discovered I had room for 4oz of turkey instead of 3, and 2 low car tortillas instead of 1.. AND a sprinkle of Fat free cheese! (Don't worry, I also had a nice crisp salad with my meal)



Unfortunaly my body hasn't started reacting to the additional calories well. Oh I feel ok. Energy levels are good, but my weight continues to climg UP. I woke up feeling sick and bloated again. The scale rolled around to a very unlovely 193.5. I had about 3 litres of water yesterday, so I don't know WHAT is going on. I just need to stick with it, I know. Consitancy.. consitancy. Almost impossable to imagine loosing 10 inches off my waist.. but I could! I can! I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment