Saturday, February 12, 2011

Made it to the gym yesterday morning.  I was planning to try out a new gym because it had a swimming pool.  I arrived and was immediately concerned.  The place was HUGE and very 'fancy' looking.  When I checked in my concerns were confirmed.  My membership didn't cover this gym -- ah well.  They let me workout at the the place "just this once"  and I got my leg workout in at least.

Barbell Squats: 5 reps x 160lbs, 5 x 175, 8 x 185
Stiff Leg Deadlift: 5 x 125, 5 x 145, 10 x 155
Lying Hamstring Curl: 5 x 60, 5 x 70, 12 x 80

However, the workout wasn't without it's own issues.  My brain was so foggy that twice I tried to lift a bar that had different weights on each side... I felt like an idiot, but finished and built some muscle I'm sure.

Food for the day was a little odd.

I started the day with my normal cup of bacon and eggs.  For lunch I had an amazing salad of spinach, carrots, almonds, olives and some marinated artichoke hearts.

It was so pretty and good!

I

I had also brought a can of chicken breast so I ate that too.  Once I was done - I was stuffed and really not feeling that well.  That unwell feeling stuck with me the rest of the day.  Slightly nauseous and burping 'chicken' - bleh.  I didn't feel like any dinner and didn't eat any.

Today I woke up and hit the WW scale.  Same weight for the third week in a row - bleh again.

I came home and had some yummy eggs.  Later in the day I had a few pieces of a home made paleo "Candybar"  (cocoa, coconut oil, ground nuts and coconut flakes mixed together and stored in the fridge)  to satisfy my sweet tooth.

By afternoon I was ready to go for a run  so I grabbed my running partner once again


and we were off.

I strugged.  My legs hurt from my workout yesterday and I generally felt like doo.  I didn't know if I was going to finish the first mile, much less all 2.75.  But I kept on, telling myself 'just a little more'  and eventually, I finished!

2.75 miles in 35 minutes - 2 minutes faster the almost the same route on Wednesday.

Dinner - I had some chicken set out but wasn't sure what to do with it.  With a little creativity I managed to put together some amazing Orange Saffron Chicken (recipe via the link).

No comments:

Post a Comment